After completing the reading this week answer the following questions:Chapter 2:
- What is an attribute and note the importance?
- What are the different types of attributes?
- What is the difference between discrete and continuous data?
- Why is data quality important?
- What occurs in data preprocessing?
- In section 2.4, review the measures of similarity and dissimilarity, select one topic and note the key factors.
- Note the basic concepts in data classification.
- Discuss the general framework for classification.
- What is a decision tree and decision tree modifier? Note the importance.
- What is a hyper-parameter?
- Note the pitfalls of model selection and evaluation.
- ch. 2 & 3 in textbook: Data and Classification: Basic Concepts and Techniques and Alternative Techniques
- Capri, H. (2016). Data mining : principles, applications and emerging challenges . Nova Publishers. Chapter 1.