- Select a health care facility or service (e.g., hospital, physician practice, long-term care facility, ambulance service, pharmacy, or skilled nursing facility)
Select a culture, religion or ethnicity that requires specific health care accommodations.
In this scenario, you are administrators at a hospital that has seen an increase in the number of patients coming in for treatment that requires specific health care accommodations. As a result, hospital staff have repeatedly asked for more training to know how to more effectively interact with these patients.
Create a 3- to 5-minute training voiceover powerpoint (about 10-12 slides not counting title slide and reference slides) to assist hospital staff with how best to interact with these patients. Cover the following in your powerpoint:
- Review any policies that inform on this population
- Cite any previous cases regarding the interaction between the health care industry and the culture, religion or ethnicity
- Review best practices typical for an organization that you selected.
- Identify internal resources that would be available at the organization you selected.
- Identify organizations that can assist with the population you selected.
- Safe Assign does not take powerpoints for evaluation.
Submit your assignment. For additional help, check out the ULTRA: Access your assignments page.
Copyright 2018 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
- Purdue Owl Powerpoint on APA.pptx
- Week 6 Grading Rubric Revised.docx