By analyzing the history of education and educational trends, teachers can hypothesize reforms intended to benefit the future of secondary education.
From the following list, select two significant changes or reforms that have affected secondary education within the last 100 years:
- Common Core state standards
- Differentiated learning
- Diversity and socioeconomic status
- Inclusion and special education reform
- Evidence-based instructional technology integration
- Standardized testing (Age of Assessment)
- Response to Intervention
- K-12 online learning
- Any other relevant change or reform, with approval from your instructor
Using the “Education Reform Template,” write a 750-1,000 word essay, discuss the following:
- Two selected reforms fromt he list above.
- Positive and negative aspects of the change or reform.
- At least one additional change or reform you think would benefit the future of secondary education.
- How your suggested change or reform could be implemented.
Select 3-5 scholarly articles from the GCU Library that address the changes or reforms you have chosen.
Prepare this assignment according to the template and guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. This includes a title page, an introduction with a purpose statement, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.