Chapter 10 topics:
- Define and describe business continuity.
- Define and describe disaster recovery.
- Discuss pros and cons of cloud-based backup operations.
- Discuss threats to an IT data center infrastructure and provide cloud-based solutions to mitigate the risks.
Chapter 11 topics:
- Define software architecture.
- Define and describe SOA.
- Compare and contrast a web page and a web service.
- Search the Web for companies that offer web services and then describe three to five web services that programmers might integrate into the applications they create.
Chapter 12 topics:
- Discuss key items that should be included in an SLA.
- Define predictive analytics and discuss how an IT manager might use such analytics.
- Discuss how an IT manager might use load testing on a site.
- Define and discuss vendor lock-in and identify steps a company should take to mitigate this risk.
Chapter 13 topics:
- List and describe common system requirements one should consider before moving an application to the cloud.
- Discuss why a company should consider using a consultant to oversee a cloud migration and list specific skills you would expect the consultant to have.
- List and discuss resource utilization characteristics one should monitor for an application prior to moving the application to the cloud.
- List possible training requirements for an SaaS solution integration, a PaaS application migration, and an IaaS application migration.