Conduct research and compare two companies’ financial statements using the process specified below and write a 750-1,000-word report that provides an evaluation of the liquidity, solvency, and profitability for each company, relative to each other and to industry averages.
1. Choose a pair of two competing companies from the following list: Coca-Cola and PepsiCo, Home Depot and Lowe’s, Walmart and Target, or Nike and Adidas.
2. Go to the address: https://www.msn.com/en-us/moneywww.msn.com
3. Type in the first company’s stock symbol or name. (Use “symbol lookup.”)
4. Under the “Fundamentals” heading, use the Growth, Profitability, Financial Health, Price Ratios, and Management Effectiveness tabs to complete this assignment.
5. Enter the second company’s stock symbol or name, and repeat the process.
Be sure to cite three to five relevant sources in support of your content. Utilize the GCU Library and external sources for your research.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.