Critical Thinking-1 (250-300 words, combine 1 to 5)
1. What could be the career fallout for someone who is unwilling or unable to train to become a better communicator? Can workers today be successful if their writing is and remains poor?
2. Sharing various digital media impulsively can lead to embarrassment and worse. Have you or has someone you know ever regretted posting a comment, photo, or other media online?
3. How do you feel about the work-life balance in today’s 24/7 “anytime, anywhere” digital workplace? Do you anticipate negative effects on your health and personal life?
4. Critics complain that texting and instant messaging lead to textspeak, poor writing characterized by acronyms, abbreviations, and emoticons. Others have claimed that emoji help supply important missing cues in lean media channels that are “toneless” otherwise. What do you think?
5. Ethical Issue: Josh in the Accounting Department tells you that he heard from a reliable source that 15 percent of the staff will be fired within 120 days. You would love to share this juicy news with other department members, for their own defense and planning. Should you? Why or why not?
Critical Thinking-2 (250-300 words, combine 1 to 3)
1. What is meant by the term culture fit, and why is it beneficial for both employer and employee?
2. What individual behaviors lead to effective teams?
3. What factors unique to virtual teams contribute to their success?