- Interview a nurse leader from a professional nursing organization to collect ideas for the project.
- Utilize your readings, research and resources to build the content.
- you will design a voice- narrated Powerpoint or Prezi to create a presentation and provide an overview of a grassroots policy challenge (present or past) that the identified organization supports. The policy challenge can be a local, state or federal policy issue. Create a title slide or page with your full name. Include a final slide or page with key references cited in APA 6th ed. format.
- Each presentation should be between 5-10 minutes in length. Rehearse and time the presentation in advance to ensure that the 10-min. time limit is not exceeded.
Each presentation will need to include (but is not limited to):
- Brief description of the policy challenge the team has chosen and the nursing association that was identified.
- Describe the “Agenda” for the identified policy challenge. Include how the policy issue was identified, (Did the organization complete a review of the literature, an environmental scan and/or a SWOT analysis, etc.?)
- Brief description of key stakeholders (those who will be affected and those who can effect change), ie, interest groups, opposition groups/individuals or coalitions.
- List the different strategies that the organization plans to or has already used to inform/lobby legislators, ie, e-mail campaign, in-person visit, testimony, protest, etc.
- List and describe any non-legislative strategies that were used or plan to be used to support the initiative.
- Describe where this policy challenge is in the legislative process and its implications for the future.
- 10 -11 slides
- Format: APA Style