Discussion: Unit 1,
High-culture vs. Popular Culture
Please complete the following steps for your discussion post and response.
As a way of introducing yourselves to the instructor and your peers, please post the following:
- Your name and a description of your current job (If not currently employed, what are your employment expectations when you complete your program?). my name is kebbeh Flomo, work at st. benedict,s community
- What degree are you pursuing? BSN.
- How do you see yourself applying knowledge from this course?
- Post a photo of yourself (self-portrait, family, or other picture that includes you). If not a self-portrait, describe where you are in the picture.
After you have completed the Unit 1 material and have considered the many different Pop Culture definitions posed within the unit, consider the differences between high culture and popular culture. Answer the following questions:
- When someone is said to be “cultured,” does this refer to high culture, popular culture, or both?
- How would you define, in your own words, “high culture” and “popular culture”? What characteristics of high culture are also present in popular culture?
- What makes something “high” culture?
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.