ek 1 Discussion – Due
Jan 13, 2021 11:59 PMMCJ6985-Applied Professional Project SU01
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered. For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned. Provide a detailed response to the topic questions in the Discussion Area. For this assignment, post your responses directly in the Discussion Area; do not attach any documents.
To support your work, make sure you use your course and text readings. When asked, also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite the sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of the week.
Defining Your Area of Research Interest
In this assignment, you will explore a topic and develop the same for your research project. Using sources such as those described in the online lecture material, locate two published studies (one from a peer-reviewed journal and the other from a government research organization) that relate to the topic you wish to explore. For example, if you intend to study aspects of prison rehabilitation programs, locate two studies that relate in some way. For example, you could use a study on the effectiveness of postrelease employment counseling.
On the basis of your research and analysis gathered from the chosen published studies, respond to the following points:
- Describe the research question that the authors attempted to answer and the way they pursued the answers to these questions in their studies.
- Summarize the findings of the authors and give your impressions on the findings. Are the authors’ findings similar to what you expected?
- Analyze whether the studies produce results that can be used to improve some aspects of the system.
- Describe how the methods in the peer-reviewed journal differ from the government-published report.
- Explain how the studies selected by you relate to the topic that you wish to explore.
Week 1 DiscussionDiscussion Topic Due January 13 at 11:59 PM