Go to www.hfma.org (Links to an external site.) and. read course 1 and. 2
CSBI Course 1: Understanding the Industry
- Business Intelligence for the Healthcare Industry
- Healthcare Services Delivery Components
- The Broader Healthcare Delivery Environment
- Health Services Across the Health Continuum
- Healthcare Services Delivery and Component Independence
Useful business intelligence requires people with the capabilities to inspect, clean, transform, and model data with the goals of highlighting useful information, suggesting conclusions, and supporting decision-making. We will reference HFMA’s CSBI course throughout this course. The CSBI course presents methods and tools for data review in support of effective information gathering and decision-making in healthcare organizations.
CSBI Course 2: The Business of Providing Healthcare Services
- Basic Business Functions
- Changes in the Business of Providing Healthcare Services
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Applying Analytics
Reflect on what you’ve learned in the form of a journal.
A journal entry containing your reflections on the CSBI content should for each course completed. This week, your journal should contain one page on Course 1 and one page on Course 2, and should include the following information:
- Describe what you learned from the Course.
- Describe how you may apply the information in your current or future career.