Hot Spot Policing
“Place” can be an important aspect of crime and crime prevention. Behaviors occur across space and time. In the 1990’s hot spot policing became a very popular topic.
In this paper, you need to address the following:
- Define the concept of “Hot Spot” from the context of law enforcement,
- Define the concept of “Hot Product” from the context of law enforcement,
- Describe VIVA and CRAVE (as they relate to hot spots and hot products),
- Identify a few products or objects that might be prime targets for crime, and
- Indicate how these products or objects fit the ideas of VIVA and CRAVED.