I NEED THIS BY 06/02/21 BY 5pm.
Before submitting your Assessment, carefully review the Rubric. This is the same rubric the assessor will use to evaluate your submission, and it provides detailed criteria describing how to achieve or master the competency. Many students find that understanding the requirements of the Assessment and the Rubric criteria help them direct their focus and use their time most productively.
For this Performance Task Assessment, you will examine a real-world topic in psychology and evaluate how theory provides a better understanding of the topic.For this Performance Task Assessment, choose one of the following topics:
- Habits (their development and/or perpetuation)
- Risk-taking behavior
- Academic achievement (success and/or challenges)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Healthy intimate relationships
- Group affiliations (e.g., religious, political, friendships, special interests)
- Pain management
- Occupational success and/or challenges
- Stereotypes (e.g., gender, racial, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status)
If you wish to propose a topic different from what is on the list, please message your Faculty SME for approval.
Select two psychological theories and consider how they relate to the topic you chose. Based on the theories you selected, search the Walden Library for at least four scholarly articles that include at least two unique articles for each theory you selected.
- Describe both theories you selected, and why you think they are appropriate for the topic you chose.
- Compare the theories, related to the topic you chose
- Argue which theory provides a better understanding of the topic.
- Explain how psychological research, grounded in these two theories, helped you better understand the characteristics of the topic.
- Explain the origins and development of your topic.
- Explain how each theory can be used to develop strategies or programs to benefit human development relevant to your topic.
- Explain how each theory, you chose, addresses the cultural differences or diversity considerations relevant to your topic.
- Explain how the theories, you chose, meet the characteristics of a good theory relevant to your topic. Justify your explanation with evidence from your resources.
- Explain how the research, related to your topic, can be used to promote positive social change.
- Explain how research fits into your personal vision as an agent for positive social change.