Mr. Rojas is a 49-year-old patient with End Stage Renal Disease. He has a history of hypertension and uncontrolled type 1 diabetes (since he was 12 years old). His last Hemoglobin A1c was 12.8%. He is currently receiving hemodialysis three times per week for three hours. He is in the hospital because he went into DKA a few days ago when he had a stomach virus. He is asking you about renal transplantation.
- What are the criteria to be placed in the transplant list?
- What options for transplantation does Mr. Rojas have?
- What recommendations can you give Mr. Rojas on treatment compliance?
- What other renal replacement therapies could Mr. Rojas be educated about?
- What are their advantages and disadvantages?
In a Word document, develop your own career mapping concept map (which highlights your own stages of progression). Your concept map should include and identify future stages of your nursing career progression, as well.
Be sure to address the following in your concept map:
- Educational status
- Experience present and future
- Work setting
- Nursing level of practice
- Community activities