In true symbiotic style, using engaging science/health content can help teach reading, writing, and math more effectively. Combining areas such as technology, art, music, and movement can enhance instruction, while providing an opportunity for all students to use their strengths and interests in science/health learning.
Create a 12-15 slide digital presentation intended to be shown to elementary general education classroom teachers within a professional development setting.
Include the following within your presentation:
- 1. Definition of cross-curriculum instruction.
- 2. Explanation of how cross-curricular integration aids in students’ learning, development, and motivation.
- 3. How thematic planning across content areas can make it easier to incorporate individual students’ strengths, needs, and interests when planning instruction.
- 4. Three examples of instructional strategies and thematic ideas to incorporate science and health into other content areas (math, ELA, social studies ).
- 5. Title slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes.
Support your presentation with 2-3 scholarly resources.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.