Your role: Administrative Management Role: Administrator, Administrative Leader, Director of Administration, or Facility Manager – Should you select this role; you will be considered the leader of the team.
Week 1 Assignment: Role Application to Selected Case Study
Instructions – Provide a 2 to 3 research page (How to write a research paper) paper that includes the following items:
1. A description of the role/position as you understand it, specifically
– The level of the management the position is on (please remember- none of the positions is about Chief Executive, Chief Financial or Chief Operations officers at hospitals or other HC organizations. Your roles are not performing at the senior executive level);
-Immediate supervisory and subordinate chains;
– The main skills that are necessary to be effective and efficient in this position.
2. An explanation as to how the role you have selected is vital to this particular case:
-Discuss two job-specific managerial points affecting your organizational performance from the position of the provider
Case: increased Tuberculosis incidence among the homeless population of Nsk.
Job: a financial/business officer.
Managerial issue: an inability to send payments to the vendors for the supplies due to the lack of funds.
Reason: a high number of rejected health care insurance claims or not insured population served; high supply utilization due to the contagious nature of the issue and requirements to its clinical management.
Organizational outcome: clinical services are lacking appropriate medicine and supplies>low patient satisfaction>people refuse to come to the clinic or follow the treaments> low service utilization>reduced clinic income.
Solution: The business officer seeks additional funding sources from government organizations and grant providers. The insurance claim process is reassessed and the insurance claim cycle optimization process is established.
***This example cannot be used in the students’ submissions.
3. A description of how your role will interact with the other roles. What will the reporting structure look like? Who will you be working with and in what capacity?
The paper (no more than 3 pages) should be formatted according to APA style requirements and include a minimum of two credible resources from the course readings, UMGC library or other credible sources. An abstract is not required.
1. To write a winning submission you need to learn how to write a research paper.
2. Makes sure to apply APA, develop citations correlating to your references.
3. The paper has two main portions: research about the job itself and what job-specific managerial issues are relevant to the specific case (personal conclusions + supportive evidence). Please note, the same managerial issue may be perceived differently from the position of a provider, payer or patient.
For example, Administrative Officer job>Measles in WA state case
Managerial issue: identify unvaccinated children in the assigned area.
-provider: run Electronic Health Record reports and cross-check them with the local public health department (potential data on unvaccinated children between 1 and 5 y.o.) and administration (demographic data in the area). Plan for educational and vaccination fair efforts to offset the vaccinated population numbers.
-payer: examine member subscriptions (through the claim reimbursement) and identify insured children between 1 and 5 that were not vaccinated. Project financial losses relevant to the spike of vaccination or health care related issues relevant to Measles in case of epidemics.
-patient: having vaccinated child>not worrying about Measles. In the case of falling sick, seeking immediate medical attention. Plan for the out of pocket expense in an emergency fund. Having unvaccinated child>seeking educational information on the case, making decision to vaccinate or not, to be ready for significant caregiving and medical out of pocket expenses in case the child is falling sick.