Please read the chapter by Michel Foucault that begins on page 191. https://selforganizedseminar.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/foucault-panopticism.pdf (Links to an external site.)
By Wednesday of this week, respond to each of the following discussion questions. Your response should be at least 300 words in total.
1) What is the question being addressed in this text?
2) What is Michel Foucault arguing?
3) What disciplinary techniques did the authorities use to handle the plague?
4) What is the Panopticon?
5) What are its major effects?
6) What are the consequences of those effects?
7) How does the Panopticon achieve those effects?
8) According to Foucault, what is the relationship between the plague-stricken town and the panoptic establishment? In other words, why does he bring them up in the same article? What is his purpose for doing so?