- First, identify a job description for a potential job of interest to you.
- Visit the SIOP I/O Job Network linked in Resources.
- Remember: you must be registered for a free account to access the job posts.
- Select one job post of interest to you. If you don’t find the perfect job description, use one that is close or consult with the instructor.
Complete the following:
- List the job description you found in the SIOP job bank.
- Analyze the information in the job post and create a list of at least six competencies you would need for the job.
- Analyze your current competencies and determine what you would need to develop or strengthen to prepare for this job.
- Describe how you would develop skills and competencies to obtain and excel in this role.
- Explain how you would connect with and engage a potential mentor or a coach to support your development.
- Describe what kind of coaching would you seek to help you develop in preparation for that position.
- Include two scholarly articles on coaching to support your discussion.
Because in IO Psychology it is a responsibility to understand and use strong diversity practices and often to support clients and team members with diversity training, coaching, or mentoring, also:
- Discuss what will help you gain strong competencies in diversity practices for your future work.
- Include two scholarly articles on diversity practices to support your discussion.
Imagine you have been working on developing your competencies for six months.