The Change Initiative Paper will combine research and personal reflection. This paper should focus on analyzing a major change initiative in your business, college, or school. When writing this paper, you should incorporate terminology and models that were discussed in class. The paper should be 10-12 pages (double spaced, excluding title and reference pages) and follow the format outlined in the UC Dissertation Handbook and include, at minimum, the areas noted below. In addition, the paper should include extensive use of references from peer reviewed journals and other reputable sources. Please refer to APA 7th Edition Professional style guidelines for specifics.
Areas to consider when reflecting on your initiative:
• Geographic setting (include information about where the organization is located, its culture, and demographic characteristics)
• The organizational mission
• What prompted the change initiative(s)?
• Who initiated the change?
• What was the goal of the change?
• Were there problems along the way?
• How were the problems addressed?
• How did the change impact the constituents?
• How the change initiative considered the individual.
• How the change initiative considered groups.
• How dissension, if there was any, was handled.
• How did the change impact the mission of the organization?
Chapter I. Introduction
• This is where you present a short summary on the importance of your selected topic and purpose of the paper.
Chapter II. Literature Review
• This is where you will summarize the information and data from your references.
• Extensive discussion of the areas noted above in relation to concepts discussed in class.
Chapter III. Analysis
• This is where you provide your own analysis of your topic anchored in fact and reason
Chapter IV. Summary
• Summarize the meaning of your analysis