Throughout this course you will be drafting and revising a research paper that connects specific cultural communication patterns or practices to the history, values, and beliefs of that culture. You should focus on a culture of which you are not a member (e.g., you would not research GCU cultural communication patterns because you are a member of the GCU community).
For this assignment you will submit a 150 words proposal about the patterns or practices you wish to study. In addition to the proposal, you must include the APA citation and a 50-75 words summary of three sources you might use in your final paper.
The following journal article titles illustrate the variety of patterns or practices that your paper could address:
- The Gift and the Common Good: A Chinese and Business Ethics Perspective
- Acculturative Family Distancing and Depressive Symptoms Among Latinas: The Role of Intergenerational Cultural Conflict.
- Engaging Malaysia: A Grassroots Approach to Inter/Intra-Religious Communication
- Impact of Romantic Facebook “Crush Pages” on the Egyptian Youth
- The Impact of Covid-19 to Indonesian Education and Its Relation to the Philosophy of “Merdeka Belajar”
This is not an all-inclusive list and you are free to pick any pattern or practice in collaboration with your instructor. Notice that each of these articles addresses a communication issue and links it to cultural distinctiveness. The focus of your paper is to present research on the history, beliefs, and values of a cultural group and give examples of communication patterns or practices that are influence by these histories, beliefs, and/or values.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.