UPLOAD ASSIGNMENT: WEEK 3 ASSIGNMENT – CAREERS IN FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- Due DateMonday, January 25, 20219:00 AMPoints Possible135
- Week 3 Assignment – Careers in Food and Beverage
The following articles provide an overview of the various responsibilities of managers that are commonly found in the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Career Paths of a Hospitality Management Student.
- A Day in the Life of David Lindahl, General Manager of Daily Diner Frogtown.
- A Day in the Life of a Hotel General Manager.
Write a 4–5 page paper in which you:
- Describe the various types of management careers that can be offered within each industry (lodging, and food & beverage).
- Compare and contrast the differences between the General Management (GM) positions within the two industries.
- Analyze and describe the growth in overall employment within these two industries and how this overall growth is forecasted within the next 10 years.
- Recommend at least three human resource practices in which each industry can better recruit and retain management talent for their respective industry.
- Use the Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to find at least three academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites are not considered quality references.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Describe management careers, employment outlook, and HR staffing practices of the lodging and food and beverage industries.