Week 3 – Assignment 1
- Due Monday by 11:59pm
- Points 5
- Submitting an external tool
11 Blue Men
[WLOs: 1, 2] [CLO: 2]
Read Chapter 6: Epidemiology in your textbook and complete the Happy Town Crisis Interactive and Epidemic and Endemic and Pandemic, Oh My! Learning Activities before reading the 11 Blue Men story. Then complete the following:
- Read the Eleven Blue Men (Berton Roueché) (Links to an external site.) story
- Download the Eleven Blue Men Worksheet downloadand address the questions in the worksheet using complete sentences.
To complete the worksheet,
- Create a timeline (must be drawn, not text-only) indicating the 11 Blue Men presented symptoms.
- Timelines show patterns quickly. You will draw a timeline using the tool of your choice. It must be more than just text on a page. There are several free online timeline creation tools, like Vizzlo’s Timeline Chart (Links to an external site.). You may also want to review How to Make a Timeline in Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.).
- If you have approved accommodations through the University and need an alternative option, please contact the instructor.
- Describe the key symptoms and incubation period.
- Describe each step of an outbreak investigation.
- Explain the relevancy of the three questions that Dr. Greenberg and Dr. Pellitteri asked the patients.
- Explain the relevancy of the three questions that the epidemiologists asked the Eclipse Cafeteria employees.
- Identify the final culprit and how it was discovered.
- Explain why these specific men were more affected than other people.
Please know that although this is not a formal written paper, you must still use APA formatting.
The 11 Blue Men assignment,
- Must be at least four pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- A space should be placed between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must use at least two credible source in addition to the course text. in addition to the course text and case study itself to support your answers to the case study questions.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the UAGC Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.