- Weight: 11% of course grade
- Grading Rubric
Urban Problems in Puerto Rico, Part 1For this unit and Unit VII of this course, you are writing a four-page research paper about Puerto Rico. In this unit, you will complete the first two pages of the research paper.The research paper draft you complete in this unit should contain the following items:
- Briefly introduce Puerto Rico. Provide some background information about the people and the island.
- Identify one or more urban problems faced in Puerto Rico. Make sure to provide a discussion on what caused and continues to cause the problem or problems.
- Explain how globalization connects to the urban problem or problems you introduced in your paper.
- Discuss how geography connects to the urban problem or problems you introduced in your paper.
Be sure that you fully address all of the required elements for this paper. You cannot simply fill the paper with background information about Puerto Rico and then address the urban problems in just a few sentences.You are required to cite the textbook and at least two additional scholarly sources from the CSU Online Library. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying APA citations.The CSU Online Library contains a good resource database for this assignment. It is called the World Scholar: Latin America & the Caribbeandatabase.Another good resource is the CIA-World Factbook. It can be found at https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
The following resource(s) may help you with this assignment.