You are Sam Smith, a new IT technician at Global Packaging. You have been provided with your first assignment to connect a personal computer (PC) to an Ethernet network and a fiber-optic network. You will be involved in the development and implementation of their wide area network (WAN) project.
Provide a Word document of 3–4 pages that addresses the following:
- A brief description in your own words of the necessary actions to connect systems to a network using wired media
- A summary of the characteristics that make fiber-optic cabling different from other forms of cabling
- A scenario whereby fiber-optic cabling would be appropriate for a client (support your position with relevant research)
- A functional comparison of the different network devices
- Details about what is necessary for Internet connectivity
- Explain the process to install a network adapter
- Primary differences between a wide area network and a local area network
- In addition to any Library or other resources, you must include at least two references to your LabSim content.
Be sure to reference all of your sources using APA style. Refer to the APA Style Guide found in the Library for further information.